My advice on how to store and serve a trappist beer
- Store your bottles in a dark and cool place (cellar)
- Store them upright (whether they are corked or not)
- Keep them at least one week without moving before drinking them
- Pour your beer carefully
- Choose an adapted glass (chalice)
- You can drink the yeast, but first leave 2 cm of beer in your bottle, then you can always choose to pour the yeast or not.
- Drink you trappist beer not too cold. If it was stored in a fridge, get it out 15-20 minutes before to drink it
- Keep you beers for months and you'll notice they become better. My advice : 2 years after the production date, in order to get the very best results.
- Choose the time and place to drink it. With friends, the pleasure is shared.