What I am collecting....
I am collecting breweriana items (glasses, stein mugs, labels, coasters, advertisings, old papers and postcards) of beers/breweries which are:
- Truly trappist : orval, chimay, rochefort, westmalle, westvleteren, achel, tilburg, mariawald, sept-fons, mont des cats , chambarand, oelenberg, engelszell, banja luka
- Evocating the trappists (witkap, trappistiener bruno, trappist DG, trappistiener sanctorum etc...)
- Depicting a religious character (but only if this item was made by a brewery)
- Named following religious people or orders (that's to say, containing words as : Pater, Monniker, Abt, Vader, Prior, Kapuziner, Mönch, Benediktiener, Augustiner etc...), or evocating abbeys (abtei, abdij, kloster...), cathedrals (Munster...) etc...
- Concerning breweries that are or were installed inside a religious building (even if those breweries were not held by monks).
- I DO NOT collect recent abbey beers : affligem, leffe, tongerlo, maredsous, grimbergen, postel etc.., No, Thanks...
Unless quoted, the items shown on the site are belonging to my collection
Who am I ?
- My name is Cyril Pagniez, born in northern France. I still live in northern France, not far from Belgium.
- My prefered beers : westmalle triple, rochefort 8, westvleteren blond, rodenbach, saison dupont, cuvée des jonquilles , De Koninck
- How many beers did I taste ? Probably more than 1000, I am not counting anymore...
If you wish, feel free to send me an